A lazy summer Saturday seems like the perfect time to do a meme, something I haven’t done in a while, generally because I’m disobeying orders from Her Majesty, which hasn’t gotten me in trouble yet, but I’m still being careful. This time around, Pete tagged me.
What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was getting ready for my wedding, or, more accurately, helping Hobgoblin get ready for our wedding. I was also studying for my masters comprehensive exams and preparing to begin my Ph.D. I was also preparing to teach for the first time ever. That summer I also went on a backpacking trip and did some house sitting for a faculty member at my school. Wow. How did I have the energy for all that?
Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:
- Hot fudge sundaes
- Brownies with ice cream
- Apple pie
Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:
- Occasionally the above, but more often:
- Chips, of any sort
Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Travel, including visiting other continents, but also hiking the Appalachian Trail
- Buy land and donate it to environmental organizations for conservation
- Donate money to research global warming and alternative energy sources
- Buy bikes and books
- Quit my full-time job but get a part-time one so I won’t go crazy with too much time on my hands
Five jobs that I have had:
- Salad-bar filler
- School supply picker and packer
- Assistant Freshman Year Director
- Checking email and Google Reader obsessively
- Reading a page or two before I fall asleep
- Drinking coffee in the morning — decaf
- Recording my cycling statistics (riding time, miles ridden, speed, heart rate, cadence, route)
- Recording books I’ve read, including dates begun and finished
Five places I have lived:
- Buffalo, New York
- Rochester, New York
- Chicago suburbs
- The Bronx
- Bethel, Connecticut
If this meme looks like fun, consider yourself tagged!